Match Reports

Fisher FC 1 – 2 Erith Town

Erith Town took the three points from a very poor game of football at Champion Hill, with Fisher old boy Aaron Jeffery netting the winner.

A sparse crowd saw a game of little quality, as the visitors’ direct style and Fisher’s inability to get their passing game going on a dry, bouncy surface meant that the match was littered with errors. The first half in particular was something of a non-event, with Harry Draper shooting well wide for Fisher while Erith Town’s most potent threat was winger Conrad Lee whose regular incursions down the left worried Fisher right-back Mike Damarola.

With neither side able to keep hold of the ball for long, or to create any chances of note, the half-time whistle came as something of a relief for all concerned. The game picked up marginally in the second half, and it was Fisher who made the first breakthrough. Kieron Campbell advanced down the right flank and cut into the box, where he was felled by a stray boot and the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Fisher skipper Danny Maguire stepped up and dispatched the penalty to the keeper’s right, giving Fisher the lead. The visitors responded by bringing on former Fisher pair Danny Akers and Aaron Jeffery. Akers went into midfield and immediately gave Erith more of a presence in the centre of the park, while Jeffery played an advanced role.

The Dockers looked to get the ball forward early and pressurise the Fisher defence, but it was an error from the Fish that gifted the visitors an equaliser. Goal keeper Oshane Brown looked to claim a low cross but could not catch the ball cleanly and it hit the unfortunate Billy Walton on the back of his legs, and rebounded between the keeper’s legs for a very soft goal.

Just two minutes later Fisher’s back line was caught out again. A long ball out of defence caught out Tom Carr who misjudged his clearing header and that allowed Aaron Jeffery a clear sight of goal. His lobbed finish was excellent but Fisher will be undoubtedly disappointed with the manner in which they conceded both goals.

The Fish tried hard to get back in to the game but in truth rarely threatened, and Erith Town closed out a win that kept them in fifth with Fisher left in 15th.

Fisher: Brown, Damarola, Henry-Brown, Barton (Burrell 74), Carr, Walton, Campbell, Draper, James, Maguire (Akolade 90), Ita (Garrick 61)

Subs: Seales, Hedley

Goal: Maguire  pen 55




One thought on “Fisher FC 1 – 2 Erith Town

  1. doesn’t sound like I missed much on Saturday then. Two big ones coming up, hopefully two strong performances and good results to match this week. Need a good following and atmosphere for both (although I can’t make Deal) so we can make a late surge up the table COYF!

    Posted by Ian | March 31, 2014, 5:36 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow the Fish on Twitter!

News Archive

March 2014
« Feb   Apr »

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,421 other followers

%d bloggers like this: